How does it work?
Our devices are connected to your controlled system, like an machinery, like an Alarm system, or whatever equipment you need to have under control, we receive those signal to be programmed as you need, deciding what to do with each type of alarm, who to send it to, how to send it.
These can be sent to an employee or a group, to one or more PCs, to other machines, activate an output contact, etc. etc. Any alarm detected and/or any further action are register in the system to have full details of the event.
What do you need to make it work?
- Ascom Elise3 hw – It is the hardware where your Unite CM will be installed. The Ascom Elise3 hardware is based on an embedded Linux Server. This device is specifically designed to host the different Ascom applications and communicate with the rest of your system using different protocols.
- Ascom Unite CM – This device is the heart of your system. With a properly licensed Unite CM we can receive, generate, manage, modify and deliver alarms to the Ascom DECT/WiFI mobile devices, paggers or PCs. With the Unite CM Activity Logging all your alarms will be registered at the moment including information such as date, hour-minutes-seconds, which devices have received the message and if they accept or reject the alarm and when they do it. Additionaly with Unite CM you can supervise all your Ascom devices and any other IP equipment. Also you can communicate by sending messages to the mobile devices with all your staff, from a PC or from other mobile devices.
- Mobility Communications System – Mobity is essential to get the control of your system wherever you are. The Ascom Mobility range includes professional DECT and VoWiFi mobiles, as well as ATEX and IECEx certified terminals, pagers and Android ™ smartphones. Also, maintaining our commitment to adaptability, with Unite CM we can send alarms to DECT or VoWiFi phones from other manufacturers.
- Unite CM Licensing – The licensing system enables to desing a system tailored to your needs.
- LIC: Unite System –Base
- LIC: GW Input Interface (Basic) SupportsESPA,TAP – This interface is required for integration to any system providing simple TAP, ASCII, ESPA text information to Unite over a serial interface (e.g. fire alarm message).
- LIC: GW Input Interface (Adv)SupportsOAP, SMTP – This interface is required for integration to any system providing OAP or SMTP text information to Unite (e.g. integration to 3rd party middleware).
- LIC: Alarm Management Client – This license is needed when, for example, you want a graphic alarm presentation on a PC. Incoming alarms can be viewed in plain text and on a floor or site plan.
- LIC: Advanced Event Handler – This license is needed when, for example, you want to initiate interactive messaging based on specific user responses or data received.