Double documentation of vitals can drive error rates to as high as 15%* It’s statistics like this that led us to develop Ascom Digistat Vitals
Ascom Digistat Vitals is a game-changer. It lets clinicians enter vitals into an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) while still at the patient’s bedside. Vitals are entered into a mobile device (e.g. the Ascom Myco smartphone), then transmitted to the EMR. Such e-documentation has been shown to be faster and less prone to errors than paper-to-EMR transcription.*
Guided automated scoring
Ascom Digistat Vitals is available with pre-loaded templates for the guided calculation of scores such as the Aldrete Score. A clinician enters the necessary values. Ascom Digistat Vitals does the rest: calculating the score, and uploading it to an EMR and/or trend chart. Each template can be customized to match a hospital’s operational needs and objectives.
Quicker access to patient data
Studies identify paper-to-EMR vitals registration as a considerable drain on clinicians’ time, and as having a high risk of errors and omissions. Also, more time elapses between the transcription of vitals and their becoming available in the EMR, as compared to bedside electronic registration.* Ascom Digistat Vitals can help remove these obstacles to more efficient care.
- Single entry of vitals and scores at the bedside
- Faster availability of vitals and scoring results in the EMR
- Pre-loaded customizable templates for guided automated scores calculations
- Vital signs and scores available faster in EMR than with paper-based documentation
- Reduced risk of errors and omissions. Single-entry registration eliminates double documentation
- Faster, more accurate scoring with guided, automated calculations. Ascom Digistat Vitals is available with pre- loaded scoring templates than can be easily customized to a hospital’s specific requirements
- Export of vitals and scores to EMR via HL7 (optional for import of patient data from EMR)
- Pre-loaded with customizable templates for vital signs, medical scores, wound management (photos included)
- Vitals and/or scoring reminder interval. Worklist of patients (‘My patient’ function). Voice recorder for note taking
- Patient identification by: barcode scanning, Near-field Communication (NFC), identification from list
- Single sign-on for Ascom Unite, Ascom Digistat and Active Directory users
- Ascom Digistat Vitals requires a local Digistat server installation with one or more client workstations for data administration and reporting
- Ascom Digistat Vitals is compatible with the Ascom Myco smartphone and selected Android** devices
- A Wi-Fi connection is needed between mobile and server part
- HL7 integration with local EMR is required to import patient data and export collected data
- A VPN connection to the server is required for remote support
**Android is a trademark of Google Inc.